Zapier is a tool that allows integration between different apps. A Zap uses a Trigger and then one or more action items.
The basic template we suggest using, will receive a trigger from a new or updated row on a Google Sheet, will use our Lusha API app to find contact and company details and will then export the details found back to the 2nd Google Sheet. The trigger to run the search using the API will be a first and last name (can be entered in the full name column) and Company/Domain/Email. If either of the 3 parameters are missing or not setup correctly, the search will not take place.
A change in any column in a row will trigger a search for that row. Using the additional sheet for the output will avoid duplicate searches.
In order to create the Zap you will need an account on Zappier, an API key from Lusha and 2 Google Sheets setup. We suggest using the separate sheets for input and output to avoid changes to the initial list.
The 1st Google Sheet needs to be setup with the following column headers in row 1:
First Name, Last Name, Full name, Company, Domain, Email.
When completed it should look like this:
In Row 2 you will need to enter a sample in order to provide a reference for the Zap setup. Enter first & last name or a full name and enter a Company, Domain or work Email (domain of email address must match company domain). Note: the setup of the ZAP must match the column you will use to run the search.
Example of First Name, Last Name and Company name:
Example of Full name and Domain name:
The 2nd Google Sheet needs to be setup with the following column headers in row 1:
First Name, Last Name, Full name, Company, Domain, Email, Email1, Email2, Phone1, Phone2, Company Description, Employees, Founded, Founders, Logo, Facebook, Twitter, LInkedIn.
When completed it should look like this:
1. Choose a trigger app - in this case we will select Google Sheets that can be found by scrolling to "Popular Apps" or by entering "Google Sheets" in the search window.
2. Select either the "New or Updated SpreadSheet Row" or "New Spreadsheet Row". If you are using an automated system that will always enter the data in the row below the last one used, select the New Spreadsheet row, and this will trigger the Zap only when a new row ID is used. If you intend on altering the original spreadsheet and replacing data (e.g. run 500, replace them with a different 500 on the same row ID's) use the New or Updated row option.
3. Click on "Save + Continue".
4. Click on "Connect an Account" - Here you will connect to the Google account that holds the Google Sheet you will be using.
5. Click on "Save + Continue".
6. Spreadsheet - select the Spreadsheet from the dropdown menu (this will be the sheet you will be inputting from).
7. Worksheet - Select the Worksheet from the drop down menu (this will be the sheet you will be inputting from).
8. Leave "Trigger Column" as "any_column".
9. Click on Continue.
10. Verify that the details of the Spreadsheet and worksheet are correct and click on "fetch & continue"
Providing "Test Successful" click Continue.
1. Enter "Lusha" in the Search window and select the Lusha app.
2. Verify Lookup Contact is selected and click on "Save + Continue".
3. Click on Connect an Account.
4. Enter your Lusha API key (copy from your Lusha API dashboard page).
5. Click on "Yes, Continue"
6. Click on "Test" to verify that the Lusha API is active and click on "Save + Continue"
7. in this window you will setup the source for the Lusha Lookup Contact, make sure to select the columns you will be using in the Spreadsheet.
a. Full Name - click on the selector on the right and select "Full Name" if you are entering a full name in the trigger spreadsheet, or select "First Name", insert a space and then select the "Last Name".
b. Company By - select from the dropdown menu the type of data that will be entered in the next field. Select from company "name", company "domain" or work "email". Important note: the selection must correlate with the data that will be entered into the spreadsheet.
c. Company - click on the selector on the right and select the column header you will be using as the source of the data, and this must match the selection of Company By.
Here is an example of "First Name", "Last Name" and Company by "Name" ("Company"):
8. Click on "Continue".
9. Providing "Test Successful" click "Add a Step".
1. In the Zap list on the left, click on the plus to add an action item.
2. Select Google Sheets.
3. There are 2 possibilities here, "Create Spreadsheet Row" and "Update a Spreadsheet row".
Creating a row will create a new row when details are found (no empty rows), regardless of the original row id.
Updating a row, requires the selection of a custom value in step 3.7.3 below. This will create the row on the same row id as the input (will leave empty rows when details are not found).
4. Click "Continue".
5. Click on Connect account and select the account that will hold the output spreadsheet.
6. Click "Continue".
7. Select the Spreadsheet that will be populated by the detalis found by Lusha:
a. Spreadsheet - select the Spreadsheet from the dropdown menu (this will be the sheet you will be outputting to).
b. Worksheet - Select the Worksheet from the drop down menu (this will be the sheet you will be outputting to).
c. If "Update a Spreadsheet row" was selected in step 3.3, select "Use a custom value (advanced), and in the "Row" field select "Row ID" from the "New or Updated Spreadsheet row".
8. Now you will select the fields that will be populated in the 2nd spreadsheet:
a. First you will populate the columns that will copy the input data,
b. Company/Domain - click on the selector on the right, click on the dropdown menu arrow on the Lusha "Lookup Contact" bar and select "Company Name" for name or "Company Domain" for Domain. (Note: If you are using the company "Name" as your search parameter, perform this step in the "Domain" window, if you are using the company "Domain" as your search parameter, perform this step in the "Name" window, and if you are using "Email", perform this step in both windows).
c. Email1/Email2 - click on the selector on the right, click on the dropdown menu arrow on the Lusha "Lookup Contact" and select the option that matches the field name.
d. Phone1/Phone2 - click on the selector on the right, click on the dropdown menu arrow on the Lusha "Lookup Contact" bar and select the option that matches the field name. Manually add =" before the selection and " after the selection to get the number formated.
It should look like this:
e. In the rest of the fields click on the selector on the right, click on the dropdown menu arrow on the Lusha "Lookup Contact" bar and select the option that matches the field name.
9. Click "Continue".
10. Providing Test is successful, click on Finish.
In order to test your ZAP, go to the spreadsheet and in a new row (starting on row 3 as row 2 was already used to setup the zap) enter a full name (or first and last name if this was selected as the source in step 2) and a company name (domain name or email if these were selected as the source in step 2). Go to your Zapier dashboard and click on the dropdown menu arrow on the right side of the Zap you have created and select run.